While non-surgical treatment methods for gynecological conditions are always preferred, in some cases surgery may be necessary. All of the physicians at Green Valley OB/GYN are experienced in using the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques including laparoscopic and laser surgery.
These surgical methods are proven effective to diagnose and treat a number of gynecological problems that formerly required major surgery.
A laparoscopy is typically performed through a small incision into the belly button with the patient under general anesthesia, and is almost always an outpatient procedure. A gynecologist may perform laparoscopic surgery for the following:
- Pelvic pain
- Tubal ligation (tying tubes)
- Tubal (ectopic) pregnancies
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Lysis of adhesions (removing scar tissue)
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Removal of ovarian cysts or the entire ovary
- Diagnosis and treatment of some uterine anomalies
- Destroying or removing some uterine fibroid tumors
Laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive, less painful, have fewer complications and a shorter recovery time to help you return to normal activities more quickly.
Minimally invasive surgeries are common, safe and effective. However, like any medical procedure, there is a small risk of complications. To learn more, schedule an appointment to talk with your doctor.